Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Five Tenets of Taekwondo

Although I have been practicing Taekwondo for more than 20 years, I am still learning and today I realized that after all these years I have never really look into the other aspect of Taekwondo which is the non-physical side. Many time I have been teaching on the physical aspect while have not really teach tenets of Taekwondo. Only today that I realized there actually have the tenets FOR TAEKWONDO.

The Five Tenets of Taekwondo are:
1. Courtesy - which covers respect of one another, be polite to one another
2. Integrity - upholding one's principle at the same time able to differentiate between right or wrong, being honest
3. Preseverance - always be patient, the time will come.
4. Self-Control - able to control one's emotion
5. Indomitable Spirit - Have a strong will to never give up

No comments:

Post a Comment