Sunday, May 20, 2012

Students' Loyalty

I have been asked about my students' loyalty in a conversation with my fellow instructors/coaches as many of my students who had started university/college will stop practicing taekwondo and almost all of them will never return to taekwondo once they had stopped. Whereas they still have students who came back and continue practicing taekwondo although they are in the working force.

Actually I am not sure how is this relevance to loyalty. Our students have their own mind and when they are in college, they more or less know what they really want. This question come about as I am short-handed of instructors/coaches to help me with my classes. I do hope that my students can continue to practice taekwondo and also able to help me with my classes but they do have their own things to do, own dream to pursue and other interest too.

I do have students who further their studies oversea and never return. Some who had started working and pursuing their career. There are also those who had lost interest in taekwondo due to doing it for too long. Some who just want to get a black belt and many more....

Whatever the reason they have, we cannot determine their loyalty just because they stop practicing. I still have students came to visit me whenever they are back home, contact me through whatever mean they have, text me etc. which is good enough for me to know that they still do remember me.

I do not need all this loyalty thing, but just the thought will do me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment