Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016


This year marked the 20th year that I have been full-fledged instructor with having my own classes and am still actively looking towards achieving bigger goal. Although I have been instructing/coaching for 20 years but I have not manage to reach my full potential and also no able to have my students/athletes to scale the greatest height due to the the taekwondo political conflict that is going since 1990. This is sad and frustrating as the martial art/sport is being politicised due to greed. Greed for money and power. I have do a lot of grassroot development mainly focusing on the fundamental training such the students/athletes basic physical, mental and technical development. However due many split factions in the country, the best is not able to represent the country as he/she is not affiliate to certain club or organization. There are no open selection and if you are not affiliated the certain club or organization, then your students/athletes are not allowed to participate. By setting up this criteria, the country has actually halted progress.

Coaches and athletes are constantly frustrated and upset with these kind of terms and conditions that discourage the development of the art and sport in the country. When once upon a time we were a force in the region, now we are just a participant which does not produce threat to our neighboring country in our regional game.

I will still continue to do what I do as I believe that the passion i have in my work although not able to reach the highest level, I am still able to inspire the students/athletes to develop to be of strong character and good individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment