Sunday, June 28, 2009

I have to start training

Today, after sometime I did some kicks just for the fun of it and also to know whether I'm still able to do it. It was a good feeling to know that I still have it and I can do the kicks better than before. On the down side is that I oid not have the fitnese to last. After performing some kicks I was tired out. Although I do some fitness training, however, it did not really help. Now I have to supplement my fitness training together with skill training. I might need to increase my training intensity or changing the fitness program. Otherwise, I might lose it..

As a coach, not only you have to be able to to coach well but also to perform the techniques well because in taekwondo, many time the techniques are best learned through visual. When the practitioners are able to see the proper execution of the techniques, only then they are able to perform them accordingly. If a coach is not able to perform the techniques well, then the same will happen to the practitioners.

I've already have something in my mind on my training program. Now is the time to execute it and we'll see how I do after a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing enhanced my personal training more than teaching, but you do need to make time to continue with your own training once you become a coach.

    Come visit me at The Taekwondo Network

    ReplyDelete