Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Presentation at Monash University


Yesterday, I was invited as a guest speaker at the Monash University for their Occupational Health & Safety Week. I was to talk on Basic Self-Defense with a little bit of demonstration. It went quite well, given the fact that my presentation time was reduced to 20 minutes from the initial 45 minutes. I was the last speaker after two presentations from the Royal Malaysian Police on Crime Prevention and RakanCop and another presentation by a professor on the cause, effect and prevention of crime. All the speakers were later presented with a token of appreciation compliment of Monash University.



I was also given a booth to give out brochures on the self-defense tips and to promote self-defense course in Monash University (finger crossed). The audience enjoyed my presentation based on their response to me after my presentation or they just being nice. Anyway, that was a major presentation for me and I was nervous for the past few days preparing for it and now I'm glasd it's over and see where it gets me from here.
The short demo was presented with the assistance of Margaret. We did not rehearse the demo and it was a spontaneity movement of the techniques from her. She also help me to set up the booth there. Thanks Margaret for your help.
After the presentations, we were invited for lunch with the participants. It was Nasi Lemak for lunch, buffet style. Nice food to cap it off.
Now to prepare for the next show which is the opening of the Jade Hills Club next week. I'll be preparing a taekwondo demonstration and still thinking what to do. I need to think fast and first practice will be this Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment